ross whitehead, aia, leed ap
Ross brings to his projects over twenty years of experience in public construction contracting coupled with exceptional design, coordination, and management abilities. Unique to practicing architects, his early front-line experience as a contractor gives Ross a special understanding of the bidding and construction process, enabling him to produce very biddable and constructible documents. In a prior life, Ross was one of the three individuals responsible for the design of the iconic “Fremont Troll”, a community design project located under Seattle’s Aurora Bridge.
Ross is a LEED Accredited Professional and a member of the Construction Specification Institute. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Northwest Institute for Architecture and Urban Studies in Italy (NIAUSI).
- Principal, Schreiber Starling Whitehead Architects, 2007 - Present
- Architect, Schreiber Starling & Lane Architects, 1999 - 2007
- Project Manager, ECI General Contractors, 1992 - 1999
- Artaccia, Seattle, Design and Design/Build Sole Proprietorship, 1992 - 1999
- Design Engineer, Horner and Shifrin Engineers and Architects, 1985 - 1987
Master of Architecture - University of Washington, 1991
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Washington University, St. Louis, 1985
Washington State, 1999
American Institute of Architects
US Green Building Council, LEED Accredited Professional
Construction Specifications Institute